After all those extra dose of Diwali sweets I thought of sharing something savory.And I chose vegetable Spring roll as the star today.This makes one of the best evening snack and a popular hit at the parties.I used the readymade spring roll sheets and the result was too good.You may use anything as the stuffing like chopped paneer, cheese, sprouts, mushroom,boiled egg,prawns,chicken,sausages etc . I did not follow any recipe.I just prepared like any other basic Chinese recipe.You may also add different sauces as per your taste .
Spring roll sheets - as much as needed
Mixed vegetables - 2 cups,chopped finely(I used carrots,cabbage,beans,onion)
Spring onion - 3 - 4 tbsp chopped
Pepper powder - 1 tsp,crushed coarsely
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Vinegar -1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Boiled haka noodles -1 cup (optional)
Oil - 1 tbsp to saute vegetables
Cornflour paste - 2-3 tbsp (mix cornflour in water)
Oil - to deep fry
- Heat oil in a pan,add chopped vegetables and saute it on high flame.
- After 5-6 minutes,add pepper powder,soya sauce,vinegar and salt to taste.
- Don't overcook the vegetables,I kept it little crunchy.
- Cook Haka Noodles as per the instructions on the packet and keep it ready.
- Don't overcook the noodles,you may also add tastemaker to the noodles.
- Take the spring roll sheet one at a time,spread the filling and roll it.
- I followed the instructions as per the packet.
- Use cornflour paste to seal the edges of the spring roll.
- Heat oil and deep fry until crisp and golden in colour.
- Serve it hot with ketchup.