Poha laddoo /Avval Laddoo,Diwali special

This Diwali I wanted to prepare something which I hadn't prepared until now and I started hunting for recipe's in some popular blogs and books.I found this recipe in one of the blog and looked easy peasy and thought of trying it.For best results my Amma says sun dry poha for few hours and then follow the recipe.Sun drying gives a good aroma and can be powdered finely. 

Recipe adapted from : Raks Kitchen



Ingredients:
Beaten rice / poha - 2 cups
Sugar -3/4 cup(recipe calls for 1 cup)
Ghee -1/2 cup
Cashewnuts -3-4
Raisins -5-6
Cardamom powder -2 pinches




Method:

  1. Dry roast poha until brown in colour.
  2. Once cool,powder it.
  3. Powder the sugar.
  4. Heat ghee and roast the dry fruits.
  5. Add this to the poha in a mixing bowl.
  6. Add cardamom powder and combine it well.
  7. Make laddoos out of it.
  8. Store it in an airtight container.








Labels: