I had prepared this pulao long back and it had come out very nice,so thought of sharing in the space.I prepare many varieties of rice delicacies as it is the best way to make the children eat vegetables.I adapted this recipe from a cookery show.This recipe has no onion and no garlic and can be had during festivals.
Basmathi rice -1 cup
Ginger -1 tbsp,chopped
Green chillies -4.slit
Bay leaf -1
Cinnamon -1/2 "
Mixed vegetables- 1 cup(beans,carrot,beetroot,green peas)
Mint leaves -3.4,chopped
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Lime juice-2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Curds - 2 tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 6-7 minutes.
- Drain it completely and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,add chopped ginger and saute.
- Add green chillies,whole garam masala and saute.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for few minutes.
- Add washed rice,chopped mint leaves,coriander powder,haldi powder,lime juice,curds and water.
- Add salt to taste and take a boil.
- Check and adjust if required and close the lid.
- Take exactly 1 whistle and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure release open the lid and separate the grains with a fork delicately.
- Serve it hot.
- You may also prepare this pulao in a pan.
- You may add vegetables of your choice.
- You may also add paneer or soya chunks.