I had prepared this rice sometime back and it was a super duper hit.I personally liked it very much since garlic is my one of favourite flavour.This is a pure garlic flavoured rice. Lasun means garlic and lasuni means garlic flavour.Chawal means rice.I borrowed this recipe from Santoshi and prepared as per her modifications made from the original recipe.You may reduce the quantity of garlic if you do not like strong garlic flavour.
Recipe adapted from : justindianfood.com
Basmathi rice - 1 cup (I used India Gate)
Water -2 cups
Palak /spinach puree - 1 cup
Garlic -10,chopped in garlic press
Green chillies -3,chopped finely
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
Kitchen king masala powder -1tsp(optional)
Paneer -5-6 cubes,crumbled
Cashewnuts -handful,roasted in ghee separately
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Oil/ghee -1/2 tsp
Garlic -5,chopped finely
- Prepare rice in an electric cooker with salt to taste and ghee.
- You may also cook it directly on stove or in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Take a pan,heat oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic,green chillies and fry until raw smell disappears.
- Add all the powders,tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turns pulpy.
- Add palak puree and saute well until dry.
- Add rice,paneer and salt to taste.
- Mix it well.
- Lastly saute garlic in ghee or oil separately until light brown.
- Garnish it to the chawal along with the roasted cashewnuts.
- Serve it hot.