I found this recipe in 'Aashirvaad' page and found it to be easy,healthy and tasty.I gave it a try and it came out very well.This dish goes well with rice and roti.Good for health freaks too.I wouldn't mind eating a bowl of this as my main course as it is makes a great filling to the tummy and is packed with full of proteins.
Green gram/Moong -1 cup(soak it for few hours)
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Onion -1 ,chopped
Green chilly - 1,slit
Ginger garlic paste -1tsp
Turmeric powder -1 pinch
Chilly powder -1 tsp or to taste
Pav bhaji masala -3/4 tsp
Sugar - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp or lessWater -1 cup approx
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp,chopped
- Cook the green gram in cooker for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped onions,green chilly and saute until pinkish in colour.
- Add tomatoes and saute further for few seconds.
- Add chilly powder,haldi powder,sugar.
- Add cooked moong and pav bhaji masala.
- Add salt to taste and water.
- Cook it for sometime.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
Labels: North Indian Gravies