'Chapathi white curry' or 'Chapathi Dave Randai ' is a curry prepared as a combination with chapathi.This is my Aayis recipe which she had borrowed from her Bombay sister.She has been preparing this since the time we were kids and I used to dislike it as most often kids do.But presently it is one of my favourite curry and my son's most favourite curry.This is a very simple preparation and can be prepared as combination with chapathi,puri or dosa.This can be also called as a onion and tomato curry .
Onions -6,cut lengthwise
Coconut - 1 1/2 cups
Green chilly 4,slit into 2
Curry leaves -2 sprigs
Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves -3 tbsp,chopped
Oil -2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
- Grind grated coconut,garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves and green chilly.
- Saute it for few seconds,add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt to taste and 2 cups water approx.
- Add ground masala and take a boil adjusting the consistency by adding the water if required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with chapathi.
Labels: Breakfast, Konkani