Hello readers! Its been long time since I've posted in the space and I missed blogging very much.Had been on a vacation to Srilanka during the long weekend and had a gala time of my life trying different cuisine and etc etc..There are many interesting posts to be shared in the space which I will post as and when I can.Coming back to the recipe I adapted this recipe from Zee Kannada cookery show 'Oggarane Dabbi' . The hostess told that this recipe is popular in Karwar. . All my folks at home liked this dish very much.Do try and let me know the feedback.
Ingredients to be marinated:
Chicken -1 kg
Kashmiri Chilly powder - 3 tsp
Curds -4 tbsp
Tandoori masala powder -2 tbsp
Pepper powder - a pinch
Salt- to taste
Green chillies -2,chopped finely
Garlic - 2 tbsp,chopped
Tomatoes -2 ,chopped
Chilly powder -1tsp
Tomato sauce -2 tsp
Green chilly sauce -1tsp
Soya sauce -1 tsp
Cornflour -1 tbsp,diluted in little water
Oil -4-5 tbsp or more
Salt - to taste
Plantain leaf -2 (optional)
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp,chopped
- Marinate the chicken with salt ,3 tsp chilly powder,curds,Lime,tandoori masala powder and pepper powder for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil and roast the marinated chicken for 10 minutes.
- Close the lid and cook it until 3/4th cooked.
- In the same oil add chopped green chillies,chopped garlic, onions and tomatoes one by one and saute it.
- Add tomato sauce,green chilly sauce,soya sauce,chilly powder and little salt.
- Add fried chicken pieces,diluted cornflour,close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the plantain leaf,fold it and heat it on a tawa for 3-4 minutes.
- Once done garnish with coriander leaves.