One more dosa recipe from 'Geeths Dawath's' 'Dosa corner' .This time the recipe is not from cookery show but from my loving sister in law Santoshi.Dosa batter courtesy is also dear Santoshi's .It's such a bliss staying right opposite my Amma's house....Dosa's are a staple of G.S.B's and there are countless recipes of the same. Ragi is nothing but fingermillet and is very good for health.One important point to remember while preparing this dosa is be patient and cook the dosa for the better result.
Finger millet /Ragi flour - 1 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1 1/2 cup
Maida -3/4 cup
Bombay rawa -1 cup
Jeera -2 tsp approx
Green chillies -3-4 ,chopped finely
Onion -2.chopped finely
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp,chopped finely
Curry leaves -1-2 sprigs chopped finely
Buttermilk -1 cup
Sugar -1 tsp
Cashewnuts - 10,broken finely
Salt - to taste
Oil - as much needed to smear dosa
- Mix all the ingredients together mentioned under the list (except oil) using water.
- Make a thin flowing batter.
- Heat a tawa,smear it with oil and pour a ladle of batter.
- Smear it with oil again,close it with a lid and cook it in low flame.
- Once cooked,remove the lid,higher the flame and slowly flip the dosa to the opposite side.
- Cook it for few seconds and transfer it to the plate.
- Serve it hot with chutney.
Labels: Dosa corner