Recently I tried ragi rawa idli (recipe from a source) and I was disappointed with the result.It became super hard and tasteless.There are times when most of us have flops.Nobody is perfect....Coming back to the ragi cookies I had surplus ragi flour and I wanted to prepare the possible things I could do.And when I searched for ragi cookies recipe I found this recipe in 'Aayis recipe'.I modified the recipe according to my needs.Original recipe called for 1 cup butter but I had to add more since the dough was dry.I used fresh homemade butter.You may also add little curds to assemble the dough .Ragi is very good for health as it cools the body . Please check my recent post of ragi rawa dosa.
Ragi flour - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup,powdered
Butter -1 1/2 cups,melted (original recipe called for 1 cup)
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder -1 tsp
- Dry roast ragi flour for 5-6 minutes on low flame until you get a nice aroma.
- Cool it ,add powdered sugar and other ingredients.
- Knead it together.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160 D.C.
- Make small lemon sized balls from the dough and slightly flatten it.
- Place it in the greased baking tray leaving space in between.
- Bake it for 8-10 minutes.
- Once done cool it and store it in an airtight container.