Tur dal - 1 1/2 cup
Palak - 1 bunch
Green chilly -2,slit
Salt - 2 tsp approx
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Hing - 2 pinches
Ghee -1 tsp
Red chillies(byadgi) -2,broken
- Wash the palak well and chop it roughly.
- I have added few stalks also.
- Wash the dal well.
- Cook both palak and dal together adding 2 cups of water approx for 2 whistles.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked open the lid carefully,add salt to taste.
- Add green chillies,water and adjust the consistency.
- Take a boil.
- Heat ghee in a seasoning pan.
- Add cumin seeds,red chillies and hing.
- Season it to the dal and close the lid immediately to retain the aroma.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.