I never ever had imagined one could prepare the dosa with the ridgegourd.A year back I had seen the pictures in food groups and Santoshi had prepared it.Unfortunately I could not taste it and it was totally forgotten and I had no idea of the preparation.Few days back I saw this recipe in a cookery show which was telecasted in Suvarna channel. Randomly I noted the recipe and checked for the same in the internet.The recipes were almost similar in most of the blogs and finally I came to a conclusion...Same recipe may be prepared with other vegetables like sweet potato,onion,potato,bread fruit,brinjal etc.I prepared with chopped onions with some batter.
Dosa rice - 1 cup
Green gram - 1 tbsp
Bengal gram -1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds - few
Ingredients to be ground
Coriander seeds -2 tbsp
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Grated coconut -1/2 cup
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Tamarind - lemon sized
Jaggery -1 tbsp
Byadgi chillies -10
Salt - to taste
Ridge gourd -3,medium sized
Oil - as much needed to smear the dosa
- Soak dosa rice,green gram,methi and bengal gram dal together for 2 hours.
- Grind it with all the ingredients mentioned above except oil and ridge gourd.
- Wash and peel the ridge gourd partially.
- Slice it into thin slices.
- Heat a tawa,grease it with oil.
- Dip one slice of ridge gourd at a time in the batter and start arranging it in the tawa.
- Place it very close to each other without leaving any space in any manner as you want.
- Smear it with oil,close with a lid and cook it in slow flame for a minute.
- Once cooked,open the lid and flip it to the opposite side.
- Cook it again for a minute by closing the lid.
- Once done,open the lid,higher the flame and roast it.
- Serve it hot with the main course or as a snack.
Labels: Dosa corner