This is the 3rd Bhatura recipe in the space.I had prepared this during summer vacation with a combination of Aaloo ki bhaji which pepped up well .Bhatura should always be relished piping hot right from the frying pan.Though it is deep fried it is fine to have once in a while.I adapted the Bhature recipe from vegrecipesofindia and Aaloo ki bhaji from Niyas World.
For Bhature 1 recipe click : here
For Bread Bhature recipe no 2 click : here
For Chole recipe click : here
For Amritsari chole recipe click : here
Maida - 1 1/2 cups
Sooji -1/2 cup
Oil /ghee -1/2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 tbsp
1/2 tsp baking soda
Curds -1/2 cup
Water - to knead the dough
- Sieve maida,baking soda and salt.
- Add sooji,sugar ,curds and knead.
- Add water if required and knead it into a medium soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet towel and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Once set,pinch balls of the required size,flatten it and roll it into round discs.
- You may also roll it into oblong shape.
- Heat oil and deep fry until golden in colour.
Aaloo ki Bhaji
Potatoes - 4-5, boiled
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Green chilly - 1,chopped
Ginger - 1/2" piece
Chilly powder -1 tsp
Curry leaves -2 sprig
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 1/2 cup approx
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Skin and mash the boiled potatoes partially.
- Dilute chilly powder and turmeric powder in 2 tsp water.
- Heat oil,splutter mustard seeds,add urad dal,cumin seeds keeping on low flame.
- Add onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves,chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Add diluted powder and saute until it dries up.
- Add mashed potatoes,salt to taste and water.
- Take a boil,close the pan with a lid and cook it in low flame.
- Serve it hot with bhature,dosa or puri.