I have already posted the traditional 'pathrade' last Monsoon.Pathrado is a popular G.S.B dish.There are many versions of the same.This time I tried Santoshi's Amma's version who is one more Masterchef.Oh my!I just love her cooking...This pathrado tastes simply great and I had to share the recipe in the space.The twist in this recipe is adding Tomatoes instead of tamarind and Sambhar powder which adds extra punch to the recipe....This is one of my personal favourite...To know how to apply masala on colocasia leaves and stepwise pictures click here.
Colocasia leaves -25 approx(I have used both Chitte paan and normal arbi leaves)
Oil - as much needed to roast pathrade
Sambhar powder -2 tbsp
Hing - a generous pinch
To be ground:
Rice - 1 cup
Grated coconut -1 cup
Jaggery - 2 marble sized
Byadgi chillies -6 (roasted)
Salt - to taste
- Soak rice for 2 hours,wash it well and grind it with grated coconut,tomato,chillies,jaggery and salt to a fine and thick masala.
- Don't add much water.
- Add sambhar powder,hing and mix it well.
- Smear the masala behind the colocasia leaves and roll it.
- Steam it in the steamer for 25 minutes.
- Once done cool it,slice it into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a tawa,add oil and roast it on both the sides.
- Serve it hot.