Uruval is a popular South Indian starter and it tastes fantastic.I had prepared Paneer uruval long back and I applied the same recipe for preparing prawns uruval which became a superhit at our place.As I have already mentioned earlier one may prepare this recipe with mushroon,egg,chicken etc ...This recipe is a keeper.
Ingredients to be marinated:
Prawns - 25,(tiger prawns)
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Ingredients to be ground:
Fried long chillies-5-6 nos
Long red chillies-5-6 no s
Onions- 2-3 ,cut lengthwise(Or chopped)
Oil-2- 3 tsp
Tomato sauce-2 tsp
- Marinate the prawns with the ingredients mentioned under ingredients to be marinated.
- Grind the ingredients mentioned under to be ground and keep it aside.
- Take a pan,heat oil and fry the ingredients mentioned under to be fried and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat oil , fry onions until red in color,add the ground masala,tomato puree and fry until raw smell disappears and the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add marinated prawns,tomato sauce,cover and cook until done.
- Garnish with fried ingredients and stir fry for few minutes.
- Serve it hot.
Labels: Non veg starters, Seafood