Dosa's are a staple breakfast of the G.S.B's .Whenever some interesting recipe falls into my eyes I try it .Poha means 'beaten rice'...This dosa came out beautiful and was liked by everyone at home.I prepared tomato chutney as a combination.
Recipe adapted from:Cooking with Shobhana
Raw rice-2 cups
Poha -1 cup
Curds- 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to shallow fry dosa
- Soak rice in enough water for 3- 4 hours.
- Soak poha in little water for 10 minutes.
- Grind rice and poha separately to a smooth batter.
- Mix both the batter together,add curds and ferment it overnight.
- Add salt to taste,adjust the consistency of the batter adding water if required and mix it well.
- Heat a tawa,spread the dosa in a circular motion.
- Close with a lid and cook on low flame until it gets cooked for half a minute or so.
- Higher the flame and remove the dosa.
- No flipping on the opposite side.
- Serve it hot with chutney.
Labels: Dosa corner