Due to rain our server
is was down and I was badly missing blogging since a day.Even now the network is very poor and I cannot access wi-fi.I found this picture of Paneer kalimirch in one of my old folder in my desktop and thought of sharing the recipe...Palkhi,a restaurant in Mangalore serves the best Paneer Kalimirch.Keeping that taste in mind I tried this recipe adapted from a site.This dish goes well with roti or rice...
My last post was 'How to weave Khotto' and my next post was to be on 'khotto',but due to technical problems I'm not able to post today.My pictures are in the laptop and the wi-fi is very poor,I will try to post once everything gets clear...
Paneer- 200 g
Cinnamon - 1"
Onions -2 deep fried,paste
Pepper -1 tsp,coarsely pounded
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala powder-1tsp
Cashew paste -3 tbsp
Fresh cream -1/4 cup
Butter- 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp,chopped
Mint leaves -1 tbsp,chopped
To be ground into paste:
Green chilly -2
- Heat butter and add whole spices and fry until fragrant.
- Add fried onion paste and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger,garlic and green chilly paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add curds and fry further.
- Add all the powders and saute it.
- Add paneer,fresh cream,1 cup water.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook in slow flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done,garnish it with chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve it hot with Roti.
Labels: North Indian Gravies