Tarts!doesn't it sound interesting?I love to prepare eggless desserts over eggie ones.I had bought tart moulds long long back and I had forgotten I was owning it.I came across this recipe in one of my favourite blog Divine taste and I tried it many days back.The result was amazingly good.The procedure looks lengthy but it is very easy to prepare.You may prepare tartlets and custard in advance to save the time. Tarlets(outer shell) can be preserved for even a month.Do try this wonderful recipe, take a picture and let me know..No one can eat just one !
Recipe adapted from : Divine Taste
Ingredients for the tartlets:
Flour - 1 cup (140 g)
Wheat flour -1/2 cup (70 g)
Cold butter -1/2 cup (100 g)
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Icy cold water - 5-6 tsp or less
Method for the tartlets:
- Take a mixing bowl and add both the flours and sugar.
- Put in the cubed cold butter and mix it with your hands.
- Rub the butter into the flour until there are no lumps and resembles like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the lime juice,water and mix quickly until it forms a ball.
- If the mixture is dry add few drops of cold water and sprinkle flour it is sticky.
- Gently knead the dough for 10- 15 seconds,cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour .
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm,1/8 " thick.
- Use a cookie cutter a little bigger than tart moulds.
- Line it in the tart moulds.
- You may also line it in a muffin mould if you do not have tart moulds.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 d c.
- Bake the tartlets in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once baked,cool it completely and then unmould.
- You may also prepare this tartlets with only flour.
Ingredients for the custard:
Milk - 1 cup + 1/4 cup
Cream - 3/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder -3 tbsp
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Method for the custard:
Final procedure for tarts:
- Take a sauce pan add 1 cup of milk and cream.
- In a small bowl mix custard powder and 1/4 cup milk and make a smooth paste.
- Mix in sugar to the milk mixture and bring to boil.
- Lastly add custard paste and take a small boil until it thickens.
- Turn off heat and cool it completely.
- Refrigerate for few hours.
- Take a tart,spoon little custard.
- Garnish with fruit of your choice.
- I used mixed fruits and mangoes for few.
- You may also use chocolate sauce as filling.
- You may use any filling of your choice.
- I used leftover mango pannacotta as filling for few.
- Refrigerate for few hours and then serve.