This is one of the bestest chicken curry where everyone who tasted my preparation liked it.This is an Indian style curry which goes well with rice.I adapted this recipe from one of my sweet blogger and F.B friend Niya Prakash and modified as per our taste.
Recipe adapted from : Niyas world
Ingredients to be marinated:
Chicken -1 kg
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Chilly powder -1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Ingredients to be ground :
Coconut - 6 tbsp
Cashewnuts -10 -12
Water -1/4 cup
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onions -4 ,sliced
Ginger - garlic paste -2 tsp
Red chilly powder -1 tsp
Haldi/Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder -1 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes - 3,chopped
Salt - to taste
Pepper powder -1/4 tsp
Fennel seed powder -2 pinches
Cinnamon powder -1 pinch
Nutmeg powder -1 pinch
Clove powder -1 pinch
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Wash and clean the chicken,drain the water well.
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned for 30 minutes.
- Soak the ingredients mentioned in the list 'to be ground' for 1 hour,grind it into a smooth paste and keep it ready.
- Dilute red chilly powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder in 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil in a pan,saute onions until golden in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw smell disappears.
- Add diluted spice mix and saute it until it blends well and becomes dry.
- Add chopped tomatoes,fry for 7-8 minutes and becomes mushy.
- Add marinated chicken and fry for few minutes.
- Add the other spices and water(1 cup approx) if required.
- Check salt and take a boil.
- Close the lid and cook in simmer until the chicken gets cooked.
- Lastly add ground paste and coriander leaves and cook for 5 minutes further.
- Serve it hot with rice.