I'm still in lazy holiday mood and have taken cooking at ease.There are many pictures in the folders which I will post whenever I feel and whenever I'm free.Today I chose Sabudana Thalipeeth, where one needs little patience and technic to prepare this.I prepared this for the first time few days back and I succeeded to prepare perfect thalipeeth after few disasters.I used a clean plastic sheet to prepare this.Few important points to remember are one needs to wipe the tawa after every dosa and cook it in low flame with patience for better results.The ingredients of this recipe is similar to that of Sabudana Kichdi.I had some leftover soaked sabudana which I used to prepare this.This is a popular fasting recipe of the Maharastrians. I referred few blogs and followed this recipe.
Soaked Sabudana /Tapioca pearls - 2 cups,soaked*see notes
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Curds -1 cup
Potato - 3,boiled and mashed
Green chillies -4 or more,minced
Roasted peanuts -3/4 cup,coarsely powdered
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Sugar -1 tbsp
Curry leaves -1 sprig, chopped
Coriander leaves -few,chopped
Salt - to taste
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the list and form a thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick tawa, and place a clean plastic sheet on a clean platform.
- Take a fistful of batter,place it in the centre of the sheet and flatten it with your fingers and try to give a round shape.
- The shape may be abstract,it is absolutely fine.
- For doing this you may dip your fingers in water and start working.
- Turn it onto the tawa,remove the plastic sheet immediately.
- Cook it on slow flame by smearing oil all over.
- Flip the thalipeeth on the opposite side and cook it.
- Serve it hot.
How to soak Sabudana and other tips:
- Soak the sabudana in enough water for 2 hours.
- Keep checking after an hour if it ready.
- To test if it is ready take a pearl between your thumb and index finger and press it.
- If it is mashed without any effort and if it is soft without any any hardness on the pearl,it is ready.
- Drain it in a colander for an hour.
- Transfer it in a container and refrigerate it overnight for better results.
- If you are preparing it for morning breakfast do this procedure previous night itself.
- If you are preparing for evening snack then do this procedure in the morning.
- Same procedure is followed while preparing sabudana kichdi and sabudana vada.
- Once you spread the thalipeeth on tawa you may also make a depression in the centre of the dosa and smear it with ghee and then flip it.
- You may also use a greased aluminium sheet instead of plastic sheet.
- You may make depression to the thalipeeth before spreading in the tawa.
Labels: Breakfast, Dosa corner