I'm back after a short break.Had been on vacation to Gods own country where I had fantastic time with family with good food ofcourse.I had prepared this dessert sometime back and thought of making the start after the break with the sweet dish.Pannacotta is an Italian dessert. Pannacotta means 'cooked cream'( info via veg recipes of India).I have already posted Vanilla Pannacotta long back. Pannacotta's are luscious and velvety to taste.They are a kind of thick pudding or thick custard.The trick in the recipe is usage of Agar Agar.The dessert gets set only if it is used in the right way.I have yet to master using agar agar strands.But the result was fine . Stay tuned for more recipes.
Recipe adapted from : veg recipes of India
Mangoes -2,medium sized
Fresh cream -1 1/2 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Agar agar strands - 4 tsp or 1 1/2 tsp powder
Sugar -1/2 cup
Water - 2/3 cup (10 tbsp + 2 tsp )
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Chop agar agar strands and soak it in 2/3 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Puree mango and keep it ready.
- Mix milk,cream and sugar in a saucepan and keep it on low flame.
- Stir it with a wire whisk.
- Take a gentle boil.
- Switch off the flame.
- Meanwhile dissolve agar agar on flame.
- Mix it in the milk mixture.
- When the whole mixture cool little bit add 11/2 cups mango puree and essence.
- Mix it well.
- Pour the mixture in serving bowls,cover it with foil and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- While serving top it with chopped mango pieces.