Pakwan is a Sindhi puri and is served with the Sindhi dal .I had prepared this dish few days back with the Sindhi Dal . This makes a good breakfast .I had this in mind since a long time and finally prepared it .
For dal click : here
Maida - 2 cups
Bombay rawa - 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Ajwain - a pinch
Ghee - 2 tbsp,melted
Chilly powder - 1tsp
Hing - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Water - as much as needed to knead dough
Oil - to deep fry
- Knead the dough with all the ingredients mentioned in the list with water.
- Make a stiff dough like puri.
- Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls with the dough,roll it into small discs.
- Prick it with the fork so that the puris don't puff.
- Heat oil and deep fry it.
- Serve it hot with Sindhi Dal.
You may also prepare the dough with the combination of wheat flour and maida (1:1).
Labels: Breakfast, Sindhi