Summer vacations have already started for the kids and also to me...And the latest craze/hobby is watching cookery shows in Kannada channels especially in Zee Kannada where they show good tempting recipes.I tried couple of recipes which gave me good result.This is the first recipe I tried from the show and it tasted wow.This is a dry dish which goes well with roti/chapati.I would like to share one good news dear readers that our blog has crossed another milestone with 2 lakh pageviews .I would also like to thank each one of you who made this happen.Thanks a lot.
Recipe adapted from :Zee Kannada cookery show
Carrot -1,cut lengthwise
Potato-1.cut into fingers
Paneer -50 g
Cauliflower florets - 7-8 medium sized
Capsicum -1/4 cup,cut lengthwise
Oil or butter - 2 tbsp Approx
For the paste:
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Oil -1 tbsp
Cumin powder -1 tsp
Chilly powder -2 tsp or to taste(Kashmiri)
Coriander powder -tbsp
Coriander leaves -handful chopped
Fresh cream -2 tbsp
Cheese -1 cube,grated(optional)
- Heat oil in a small pan and saute all the ingredients mentioned under 'For the paste'.
- Cool the sauteed ingredients and grind it into a paste.
- Heat butter in a pan and saute all the vegetables together until it gets just cooked.
- Add the paste and saute further.
- Add all the spices one by one,little water,paneer and salt to taste.
- Take a boil and lastly garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
- Serve it hot with roti.
Labels: North Indian subzis