This is a instant version of Appo or Paddhu.I got this recipe from Zee Kannada cookery show 3 days back.I prepared this morning for breakfast and I was very surprised with the result.It was prepared in a jiffy with some of the basic ingredients which was easily available in the house.The paddhus turned out super tasty and crispy.Most glad moment was Amma had come and she relished it to the core...If there are unexpected visitors at home or if you are confused on deciding the breakfast menu then this is the right recipe.This recipe is a keeper and it makes a great evening snack too...
Medium rawa -1 cup (I used Bombay suji /rawa)
Rice flour -1 /2 cup
Curds - 1/2 l
Onion -1 ,chopped finely
Green chillies -4,chopped finely
Tomato - 1, chopped finely
Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves -2 tbsp,chopped finely
Grated coconut -3 tbsp or chopped coconut pieces
Cooking soda - 2 pinches
Salt - to taste
Water - as much as needed
Oil - as much as needed to do Paddhus
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the list except oil.
- Prepare like a dosa batter which is medium thin.
- Heat a Appo /Paddhu tawa,smear little oil, drop a spoon of batter.
- Cover with a lid and cook on slow flame until it gets cooked.
- Higher the flame for few seconds and flip it on the other side.
- Roast it well.
- Adjust the flame and prepare the paddhus.
- Serve it hot with chutney.