Corn Doddak ! sounds interesting right? Well I found this recipe in my friend Aparna Kamath's blog.I like to try recipes without much complications and this recipe was very easy.It is similar to our rulama doddak and the extra punch is the corn.Few days back my hubby dear had brought surplus American corn and I had some leftover boiled corn which I utilized to prepare this tasty doddak.This makes a healthy and a filling breakfast.
Recipe adapted from : Justindianfood.com
Bombay suji/rawa - 1 cup
Jaggery -3 tbsp (Original recipe didn't call for jaggery )
Green chillies -3 -4
Corn kernels - 1 cup(I used cooked)
Ginger - 1/2 "
Salt - to taste
- Grind together boiled corn,green chillies and ginger to a coarse paste.
- Take a bowl,add rawa,ground paste,salt to taste and jaggery.
- Mix it well and make a thick batter.
- Add water if required.
- Heat a tawa,take a ladle of batter and spread it in a circular motion carefully.
- Close the lid and cook it low flame for sometime.
- It is absolutely fine if the shape is abstract.
- You may also use your hand to pat the dosa.
- Open the lid,smear it with oil and once cooked flip it on the opposite side.
- Roast it well.
- Serve it with homemade butter or relish it just like that.
Labels: Breakfast, Corn, Dosa corner