I adapted this recipe from Zee Kannada cookery show.I was very surprised that my kids liked it so much I had to prepare it again the next day on kids demand.This recipe is a keeper.Summer vacations are on and I'm enjoying it very much, bit of lazying around and having good time with the family.Will try to post the recipes whenever possible.
Recipe adapted from : Suchitra from Zee Kannada cookery show
Chicken -1/2 kg
Tomato - 3,chopped
Green chilly - 7-8
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Curds - 2 tbsp
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves -1/2 cup,chopped +2 tbsp to garnish
Saunf /Badeshep/fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
For Andhra powder:
Cinnamon - 1/2 "
Cloves - 2
Coriander seeds -1 tbsp
Khus Khus - 1 tsp
- Marinate the chicken with curds, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste(smashed in mortar and pestle),Coriander leaves, 1 sprig curry leaves,chilly powder for 20 minutes.
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under the 'For Andhra powder' and powder it coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan,add saunf seeds,onions and saute it until brown in colour.
- Add chopped tomato,remaining ginger garlic paste(smashed in mortar and pestle).
- Add green chillies,marinated chicken and saute it well.
- Close the vessel with a lid and cook the chicken until done.
- Once cooked add the Andhra powder as much as needed and pepper powder.
- Lastly garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.