Yesterday was my Birthday.And any good occasions are incomplete without the preparation of sweet dish..This time I chose Mango Sagoo,a finger licking dessert which I had bookmarked a year back...This dish is prepared with Mango and tapioca pearls /Sagoo.Since Sagoo and Mango are my favourite I personally loved the dish very much...The below measurement of the recipe serves 4 but I increased the quantity as per my requirement.I adapted the recipe from one of my favourite blog Raks Kitchen.I have tried many recipes from her blog which always gave me full proof results.
Recipe adapted from :Raks Kitchen
Mango - 1 big,1 1/2 cups approx
Sagoo/Tapioca pearls - 1/4 cup
Milk- 1/2 cup to 1 cup approx
Milkmaid- 1/2 cup/tin
- Soak sagoo for an hour,wash it well and remove all the excess starch.
- Boil enough water in a thick pan and add in the washed sagoo.
- Cook it for 7-8 minutes until it turns translucent.
- Once done wash it well under the running water and remove the remaining starch.
- Chop the mangoes and blend it with milk and milkmaid.
- Add sugar if required.
- Reserve few mango pieces for garnish.
- Mix the cooked and washed sagoo in the mango mixture and mix well.
- Add more milk if required.
- Chill and serve garnished with mango pieces.