I had prepared this dosa long back and found this in one of my old album .I adapted this recipe from my F.B friend Mrs Rekha Acharya.I thank her for this wonderful recipe.Bellappa is similar to Appam but I'm not aware why the name.My aunt used to tell Vellappa too...Since this is an old picture I do not have many pictures of this.This makes a good breakfast.
Dosa rice-1 cup
Urad dal -1 tbsp
Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
Cooked rice-1 cup
Yeast - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Soak dosa rice,urad dal,methi seeds for 2 -3 hours.
- Grind it along with cooked rice and water.
- Make a thick batter.
- Add yeast overnight and ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste,sugar and adjust the consistency of the batter by adding little water.
- Heat a appam tawa or Kadai.
- Pour a ladle of batter in the centre of the pan,twirl it in a circular motion,drizzle oil and close the lid.
- Cook it on low flame for a minute,open the lid,higher the flame,the dosa will leave the sides.
- No flipping on the opposite side to roast,remove it from the tawa.
- Serve it hot with chutney or any gravy.
Labels: Dosa corner