Biryani's are always
my our all time favourite dish.This biryani is a combination of Cottage cheese and fenugreek leaves blended with spices.
This was prepared by my sister in law Santoshi Nayak who is no less than a Master Chef .She comes out with great dishes which is always fingerlicking good.I really appreciate her choice on selecting recipes and trying it with great results.Let me introduce you'll to her today.Thank you so much Santoshi for this yummy biryani and I give you the full credit for your contribution.
Recipe adapted from:sanjeevkapoor.com
Fenugreek leaves-3 cups
Cottage cheese-200 g
Corn niblets,cooked- 1 cup
Basmathi rice-2 cups
Fresh coriander leaves-1/2 cup
Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup
Saffron - a pinch
Milk - 1/2 cup
Curds -2 cups
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Whole Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Ghee- 5 tbsp
Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
Cumin powder - 1tsp
Red chilly powder-1 tsp
Tomatoes - 2 cups,chopped
Garam masala powder-2 tsp
Butter- 50 g
Onions- 1/2 cup,sliced and deep fried
Salt - to taste
- Wash methi leaves thoroughly in running water and chop it roughly.
- Cut paneer into half-inch cubes.
- Pick,clean,wash and soak the rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Chop green chillies and cut ginger into julienne(strips).
- Soak saffron in warm milk.
- Marinate corn niblets and paneer with curds,salt,turmeric powder and 1 tbsp each of ginger and garlic paste for 30 minutes.
- Cook rice in an electric rice cooker with whole garam masala and 2 tbsp ghee.
- You may also cook it directly in a pan until just cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan,add onions,green chillies and saute until golden brown.
- Add remaining ginger garlic paste and methi leaves and cook it on high heat for 10 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add marinated paneer and corn,chilly powder,cumin powder,coriander powder and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook the curry until it turns dry.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt to taste,coriander leaves and cook in medium heat for 15 minutes.
How to give dum:
- Take a borosil bowl add a layer of curry.
- Add a layer of rice,sprinkle garam masala powder,ginger juliennes,saffron milk,fried onions and chopped mint leaves.
- Repeat the procedure where final layer is of rice.
- Lastly add butter on the top of the rice.
- Cover it with cling film.
- Microwave for 10 minutes.
- You may also give dum in the OTG.
- You may also cover the handi with lid and seal the edges with Wheat flour dough and place the handi on a heated tawa and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve it hot garnished with fried onions and raita.
Meet my sister in law Masterchef Mrs Santoshi Nayak.