This recipe was shared by one of my colleague when I was working and is always a superhit at our place.In this sukkha special brand of powder called BONS masala is used.You may also use other brand of chicken sukkha masala powder. But since Bons masala gives me a good result, I use the same.If you do not find the powder you may follow my traditional chicken sukkha recipe from here.You may also prepare this recipe with soya chunks,prawns,potatoes etc.There is no necessity to add the salt in the sukkha as the instant powder already has.You may add only if required.
Chicken -1 kg,cleaned and cut into medium pieces
Bons chicken sukha masala powder-1 packet
Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Coconut- 2 cups,grated
Ghee-3 tbsp approx
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder,ginger garlic paste,Bon's masala and curds for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and saute onions until translucent.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add marinated chicken,1 cup water,chopped tomatoes and exactly take 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure releases,open the lid,add grated coconut and keep it on high flame and reduce all the water.
- Lastly add curry leaves, mix it well and close the lid for sometime.
- You may also garnish with chopped coriander leaves before serving.
- Serve it hot.