Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and to make it memorable I baked few goodies this year.I just love eggless bakes and these cookies were super good.I got to see these cookies in most of the blogs where the recipes were almost similar.These cookies are also called as slice and bake cookies.I used red tutti fruiti in the recipe as red is a colour of Love and my favourite.Happy Valentine's Day to all those who are celebrating!!!!!!
Recipe adapted from : Tickling palates
Sugar (powdered)- 1/2 cup
Butter- 1/2 cup
Tutti fruiti - 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Sieve maida and keep it ready.
- Cream sugar powder and butter together.
- Add flour little by little and mix it well.
- Add tutti fruity and essence and make a soft dough.
- Add extra few tsp's of flour if the dough is sticky or milk if its dry.
- Roll the dough into a log,(I made 2 logs).
- Roll it in a butter paper or plastic(I used aluminium foil).
- Refrigerate it overnight or for an hour in the freezer.
- Once set,remove the foil and slice it using a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 160 d c.
- Arrange the slices in a baking tray keeping space in between.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Hot cookies will be little soft.
- Once cooled the cookies will turn crisp.
- Store it in an airtight container.