Sometime back when I had been to Ammas place for lunch Santoshi had prepared this dish as a combination with fried rice and it tasted simply fantastic.I borrowed the recipe and tips from her and prepared the same at my place and thought of sharing in the space.Bland food lovers will definitely love this dish.Please do try those who are interested and let me know the feedback.Goes well with garlic bread,fried rice or as you like.
Carrot-1,peeled and cut into thin slices and then cut into half
Onions - 2,cut into cubes
Mushrooms- 1 cup or 200 g,sliced
Cauliflower -1/2 cup,cut into florets
Salt - to taste
Ingredients for the sauce:
Milk-2 cups approx
Cornflour- 2-3 tbsp approx
Pepper powder-1 tsp,coarsely powdered
Chilly flakes- to taste
- Heat oil in a pan ,saute onions and mushroom slightly.
- Blanch the other vegetables in just enough water for 7-8 minutes.
- Retain the blanched vegetable stock or water.
- Add the blanched vegetables to the sauteed vegetables.
- Dilute cornflour in little milk and keep it ready.
- Add milk and retained water to the vegetables,salt to taste,sugar and take a boil.
- Add diluted cornflour and stir it well to thicken the gravy.
- Add pepper powder and chilly flakes.
- Add more cornflour if the sauce is thin or milk if it thickens and adjust the consistency.
- Serve it hot.