I have already posted Sabudana Pops a year back.This is exactly the same recipe but I made it a different post for the convenience.This is a popular Maharastrian snack and one of my most favourite snack.I first tasted this in Mumbai after my marriage when my father in law had brought it.Few years later my sister in law explained me the procedure of this and Sabudana Kichdi and ever since that I have been preparing this vadas atleast once in a month.This also makes a fasting dish and a great party snack.
Potatoes-2,boiled and smashed
Salted and skinned groundnuts-1/4 cup coarsely ground
Green chilly -2 (paste)
Coriander leaves-2 tsp, chopped finely
Salt –to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Wash the sabudana and soak it for 2 hours approx in enough water.
- Keep checking in between intervals to avoid it from over soaking as it will turn mushy.
- Drain the water completely in a colander and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Mix the sabudana along with all the ingredients except oil and knead into a dough very lightly.
- Pinch small balls from the dough,make it into round balls and flatten a bit.
- Again refrigerate the vadas for 3-4 hours for better results(optional).
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry carefully until light brown in colour.
- Serve it with green chutney or ketchup.
You may also refrigerate the prepared dough for 2-3 days and use it when required.
Labels: Veg starters