It is few more days for the Christmas and I can feel the festive atmosphere all around.Shops and malls are decked with Christmas lights and trees,Street vendors have started selling Santa Masks and Kringle caps ,it is really a treat to the eyes.As a kid Christmas was one of my favourite festival and we used to have fun in school by taking part in crib competitions,listening to Christmas carols and Christmas programme... ..
It has become a tradition every year to decorate the Christmas tree at our place and now our tree has grown quite big and beautiful.My son has made a beautiful crib today under the tree and has started decorating the tree.The interesting part for my kids is the gifts which their dad showers every year.
Coming back to the recipe I had bookmarked this recipe last year and had also baked it few times but could not capture a great shot.I baked this beauty again yesterday for the family and to share the recipe in the space.When it comes to cakes,eggless cakes are always my first preference.
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Butter- 1/2 cup (I used home made)
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
Milk- 1/4 cup
Curds- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Tutti frutti -1/4 cup (You may also use mixed nuts like dates,figs,raisins,cashewnuts etc)
Honey - 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 D C.
- Grease a loaf tin with a tsp of butter and keep it ready.
- Sieve flour,baking powder and baking soda.
- Dust the tutti frutti with a tsp of flour and keep it aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add curds and milk,mix it until smooth.
- Add in the sieved ingredients in 2-3 batches.
- Mix it well and remove the lumps if any.
- Lastly add honey and tutti frutti and mix it with a spatula.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and bake it for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cool it for few minutes and invert the cake.
- Cool it completely and slice it neatly.
- I used a spatula for the full procedure.
- I did not use an electric beater.
- Do not add excess honey than mentioned.
- Use all the ingredients in room temperature.
- You may heat a knife before slicing the cake.