Christmas time is incomplete without Christmas cookies.I baked these cookies as a trial last week with my new cookie cutters which I had bought recently. I baked it again today and my 16 year old decorated it with interest . It was looking truly beautiful.I have an endless list of goodies in my mind to be tried,but as and when time permits.Merry Christmas dear readers to all those are celebrating!!
Recipe adapted from :Sharmis passions
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Butter- 1/2 cup(Unsalted)
Salt- 1/8 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 cup,powdered
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
- Sieve flour,salt and keep it ready.
- Cream butter and sugar together,add vanilla essence and mix it.
- Add in the sieved flour little at a time and knead it into a soft dough.
- Flatten the dough little bit,close it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Once set,roll the dough into 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 D C.
- Line the baking tray with a butter paper and arrange the cookies keeping distance in between.
- Bake it for 10- 12 minutes or until done.
- Decorate it as you want.
- I have added extra flour as the dough was sticky.
- Adjust as you want.
- You may also use a butter paper while rolling the dough.