Weekends are sometimes lazing around,relaxing and cooking is done on a slow phase as we tend to go out and other activities.I wanted to prepare something simple and as sweetcorn is my daughters favourite I decided upon to prepare this pulao on a lazy Sunday yesterday.This is a mildly flavoured pulao which can be had just like that or with some North Indian gravy.I had some leftover paneer ghee roast and it complimented well with the pulao.
Recipe adapted from :Sharmis Passions
Basmathi rice- 1 cup (I use India Gate)
Cashewnuts- 3 tbsp,broken
Green chilly - 1
Sweet corn kernels-1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Mint leaves- 10 leaves
Water - 2 cups
To be coarsely powdered:
- Powder peppercorns and cardamom coarsely and keep it ready.
- Soak washed Basmathi rice for 10-12 minutes and then drain it and keep ready.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,season whole spices,green chilly,cashewnuts for a minute on low flame.
- Add pepper powder and saute until it bubbles.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mint leaves,and saute for a minute.
- Add sweetcorn kernels, soaked and drained rice and saute for a minute.
- Add salt to taste and water,take a boil,check salt and close the lid.
- Take exactly one whistle and off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid and slightly fluff it with a fork.
- Serve it hot with gravy or just like that.