I had bookmarked this recipe last Christmas but was a bit hesitant to bake as it contained eggs and as you'll know I don't like bakes which contains eggs despite being a egg lover.But henceforth I have decided that I will try my hands with some exclusive goodies with minimum eggs as my kids and other members of the family don't mind and as a cook we got to try our hands in most of the culinary forms.This cookie is named so because it resembles cookies with crinkles just like wrinkles.But they are very beautiful and I enjoyed baking it.It is very easy to prepare these beauties though it looks complicated.These cookies are different from the normal cookies as it is a combination of cookie and brownie.It was crisp,light as a feather,gooey and yummy.Merry Christmas dear readers and wish you all Happy New Year!!!
Recipe adapted from :Tickling Palates
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder- 1tsp
Instant coffee powder-1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
After 15 minutes,I turned the cookies on the opposite side and baked for 5 minutes further as it was slightly soft.
- Sieve together flour,baking powder , salt together and mix it.
- Beat together cocoa powder,sugar,oil in a bowl till it resembles a black sticky mass.
- Add 1 egg at a time and mix it well manually.
- Add in coffee powder and vanilla essence.
- Add the sieved ingredients into the liquid mixture and mix it well without overbeating.
- The dough will be super sticky,cover it with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning or after 4-5 hours preheat the oven at 180 d c /350 d f for 10 minutes.
- Make small balls from the refrigerated dough and roll it completely in powdered sugar.
- Ensure that the balls are fully coated with powdered sugar.
- Place the balls on a greased tray (or butter paper lined) keeping 2 inch distance between them.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool it on the wire rack for sometime and once cooled store it in an airtight container.