Yesterday evening when I logged in to browse for some interesting Breakfast recipes for
next day's today's breakfast this toast was very eye catchy.My friend Aparna Kamath had posted this and I heard her explaining about this dish many times before.Her step by step pictures helped me a lot in understanding the procedure.It was so irresistible that I prepared it immediately for dinner as an experiment and gained confidence when the result was successful ..And the taste was simply awesome .This is one of the healthy dish which can be relished as a breakfast or for evening kids / adult snack..Thanks a lot Aps for this wonderful recipe.
Recipe adapted from :Justindianfood
Bread slices -2
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Green chutney -2 tbsp * Recipe given below
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely,transfer it in a bowl,add a pinch of salt and mix it well.
- Apply green chutney on one side of the bread.
- Spread the tomato onion mixture on the chutney applied side and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan and smear some butter.
- Break open the egg and sprinkle salt over the egg.
- Immediately place the stuffing side of the bread over the egg.
- Press it well with the spatula and cook for sometime.
- When it gets cooked,butter the top side.
- Once cooked turn it to the opposite side and roast it until brown in colour.
- Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
- I used a grill pan to roast the bread on the opposite side.(optional)
- You may use any green chutney.
Recipe for green chutney:
Recipe courtesy :Aparna Kamath
Coriander leaves- 1 cup(Use only leaves and tender stems)
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Ginger- small piece
Lime juice- 2 tsp
- Wash the coriander leaves well.
- Grind all the ingredients using few teaspoons of water.
- Use it as required and store it in refrigerator for further use.
- You may prepare this chutney in advance and keep it in the fridge.
- You may use this chutney as a dip for dhoklas,pakodas or to prepare sandwiches.
Labels: Breakfast, Eggs