I prepared this dish sometime back and has been a favourite dish of my kids ever since I started preparing it.Bhend or Bhenda means Lady's finger/Okra.This dish goes well with the main course and also with roti.
Recipe adapted from : Kinis Kitchen
Ladys finger/Okra/Bhend -1/2 kg
Onions-3-4 finely chopped
Chilly powder- 3-4 tsp
Oil-2 tsp +4 tsp
- Wash,wipe and cut the okra into 1" pieces.
- Take a pan,heat 2 tsp oil and saute okra with little salt.
- Cover and cook it until done and transfer it a bowl.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil and saute half the onions until brown in colour.
- Add the remaining onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chilly powder and saute until tomatoes turn soft.
- Lastly add cooked okra,check salt and mix it well.
- You may also sprinkle little water if it is too dry.
- You may also substitute tomatoes with tamarind.