I borrowed this recipe from Santoshi and she had slightly adapted it from Padhus Kitchen.This dosa needs to be relished hot.Goes well with chutney.I served it with leftover gravy which complimented very well.This dosa is similar to Rawa dosa but here it is a combination of wheat flour and rice flour.
Wheat flour-1 cup
Rice flour-1 cup
Cumin seeds-1-2 tsp
Green chillies-3,chopped finely
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp,chopped finely
Curry leaves-2 sprigs,chopped finely
Salt- to taste
Water-4 cups approx
- Mix all the ingredients together adding water little by little.
- Make a thin watery batter.
- Heat tawa,lower the flame,clean it with a wet towel,drizzle oil and pour a ladle of batter all over the tawa.
- This dosa cannot be spread like other normal dosas.
- This dosa is similar to Neer dosa.
- Close the lid for few seconds.
- Open the lid,drizzle oil and flip it on the opposite side.
- Higher the flame,roast it well.
- Fold the dosa and serve it hot.
- This dosa needs to be prepared patiently as it takes time to roast.
- If it is done in a hurry the result will not be good.
- You may also pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and hold the handle of the tawa spread it in a circular motion.
- These dosa's will look abstract,one may not get a round dosa.
- If you feel the batter is thick add water and vice versa.
- You may also add coconut gratings to the batter or the chopped coconut pieces.
- You may also add chopped ginger(1/4") to the batter.
- You may also season the batter with mustard seeds(1tsp) and hing(pinch).
- Greasing the tawa is very important or else the dosa might stick to the pan.
- So don't compromise on the usage of drizzling oil to the dosa and the tawa.
- Everytime you spread the dosa,mix the batter well,repeat it every time.
- Thinner the batter,crispier the dosa a little practice is required.
Labels: Dosa corner