I had prepared this dosa sometime back and found this today in the album.This is the second thuppa dosa or ghee dosa in the space.I adapted this recipe from my FB friend Mrs Nandini Kini Akka.Normally these dosas are spread thick,but since my folks like thin or medium dosa I spread it as per our needs.Refer for the first thuppa dosa post here.
Recipe adapted from:Mrs Nandini Kini of Kinis Kitchen
Urad dhal- 1 cup
Dosa rice-1/2 cup
Maida-1 1/2 cups
Salt- to taste
Cooking soda-1/4 tsp
Ghee- few tbsp to drizzle dosa
- Soak urad dhal and rice together for 5-6 hours.
- Wash it well,drain water and grind it finely using little water.
- Don't make the batter thin.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Next morning dilute the maida,add it to the batter along with salt to taste,sugar and cooking soda and adjust the consistency.
- Heat tawa,spread thick dosa,drizzle ghee,close the lid.
- Open the lid after a minute,flip it on the opposite side and roast it until brown in colour.
- Serve it hot with chutney.
Labels: Dosa corner