Happy Danteras dear readers!Recently I prepared Khara Boondi with my new gadget Boondi Maker.And I was in full swing to try sweet boondi yesterday.Last Diwali I had prepared Boondi/Mitai Undo/Laddoo. Sweet Boondi is my daughters favourite and she liked my preparations very much.Being a festive day it is always welcoming to have a sweet post.Festivals are always celebrated with something sweet.Today is one of my favourite day as we do Ganga pooja(water puja),have oilbath,light Diyas all over the house,light crackers,Seafood feast in the night with so much of happiness around.Diwali is celebrated all over the world with pomp and gaiety. To know more on the same refer here.I adapted the recipe from here.Happy Diwali to all my readers !
Ingredients for the batter:
Besan/Gram flour- 1 1/2 cups
Rice flour-1/4 cup
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Food colours- a drop each of egg yellow,red and green (optional)
Water-1 cup approx
Oil- to deep fry
Cashewnuts-3 tbsp,roasted in ghee
Ingredients for the syrup:
Sugar-1 1/2 cup
Lime juice-2 tsp
Rose essence-few drops
- Sieve besan,rice flour and baking powder and keep it ready.
- Mix sugar and water and make sugar syrup until you get a single string consistency.
- Off the flame, add lime juice and essence.
- Lime juice is added to avoid crystallization.
- Keep the sugar syrup aside.
- Now to prepare the batter make a dent in the centre of the sieved flours and keep adding water little by little.
- Make a medium flowing consistency batter.
- Divide the batter into 3 portions,2 portions one ladle each for red and green colour,more portion for the yellow colour.
- Mix colours in all the batter with different mixing spoon and keep it ready.
- Heat oil and prepare boondi with the boondi maker or perforated ladle.
- Keep cleaning the ladle after every batch and fry all the coloured boondis.
- Warm the sugar syrup again and dump in all the boondi and mix it well.
- Roast cashewnuts and cloves in ghee and mix it in the boondi mixture.