This is the first sponge cake recipe in the space.I had bookmarked this recipe from Niyas world sometime back. Niya Prakash is one of my blogger friend where we discuss many things regarding the recipes and many other cooking topics especially baking.She has been my constant support ever since I started my blog.Thanks a lot Niya for everything.
Recipe adapted from : Niyas World
Below measurements are of 200 ml cup=1 cup capacity
All purpose flour-1/2 cup(100 ml)
Unsalted Butter-50 g(room temperature)
Butter 1 tsp to grease the dish
Eggs-2 (net weight 100 g)
Sugar powdered-1/2 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Orange or lemon rind- 1 tsp(optional)
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Salt- a pinch
- Grease a round tin with 1 tsp butter and little flour and preheat the oven at 180 D.C /350 D.F.
- Sieve all purpose flour,baking powder and salt thrice.
- Cream butter and sugar powder together and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat it further.
- Add flour in two batches and mix it well using a spatula.
- Avoid using an electric beater once you add flour mixture.
- Lastly add essence,honey,rind and mix it.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and bake for 25 -30 minutes at 180 D.C.
- I got slightly caramelized shade but you may also bake until you get a golden yellow colour or until done.
- Cool it for few minutes and cut it into slices.
- To cut the slice, you may heat the knife and slice for better results.