Few days back when my friend Aparna Kamath posted this Brownie I wanted to prepare it as soon as possible.I tried it yesterday night with great enthusiasm but the result was 50/50.. It tasted heaven but the Brownie fell flat.I worked on my mistake and tried it again today and it was super duper fantastic.My 11 year old wanted to gift me something on my Anniversary which was in October and finally he gifted me with one Brownie tray yesterday which was in my to buy list past few months.Thanks Son for your generous thought.
The first bake,the not so perfect brownie was due to two mistakes which I made.The first mistake which I made was I used different measuring cup to measure water to check Ml and the measurements differed,water quantity became more.Second mistake was I used double action baking powder where the batter overflowed during the baking process.So due to these two reasons my cake fell flat .I worked on it the second time and succeeded.Happy Thanks Giving for all those who are celebrating !
All purpose flour- 2 cups/280 g
Baking powder-2 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Condensed milk - 1 tin ,397 g
Water-3/4 cup /190 ml
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Castor sugar - 5 tbsp/40 g
Cashewnuts/walnuts - 1/2 cup
Butter - 150 g (room temperature)
Cooking Chocolate-240 g / 1 1/4 cup
I used 250 ml capacity cup.
Use the same cup for measuring all ingredients.
- Sieve flour,baking powder and baking soda and keep it ready.
- Preheat the oven at 180 D C for 10 minutes.
- Grease and line a square baking tin and keep it ready.(I used 24 cm *24 cm ie 10 ")
- Chop the cooking chocolate,mix it with water and melt it on flame until it becomes saucy and cool it.
- Take a mixing bowl,add castor sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add essence and condensed milk and beat it for few seconds.
- Add melted chocolate sauce and beat it.
- Add sieved flour few tbsp at a time and beat it until you finish it.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin,tap a bit if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Bake it for 35- 40 minutes at 180 D C.
- Serve it on a brownie tray sizzled with chocolate sauce and a dollop of ice cream.
- Enjoy the chocolate Nirvana.