I decided to bake this cake the minute I saw it in Divya's blog. Divya's blog is one of my favourite blog where baking can be attempted without any failure.It is always a full proof recipe where one can bake without any tension.Bundt cakes are always fascinating to me.I just love to bake more and more of it.It is beautiful according to me....I have two bundt pans one is 12 cups silicone one which is my favourite. Other one I had tried once or twice but I'm still not so comfortable with it.I would want to try my hands more with it too.
Yesterday was my brothers Birthday and I wanted to bake a cake for him.I'm longing to learn fancy cakes ,hope to learn it someday soon...I baked this cake late night yesterday since it was a busy schedule like always,and since I unmoulded the hot cake, it got a slight crack.Yes,I was in a hurry for the cake cutting ceremony.But I request everyone not to do so including myself for the next time.....Nevertheless it was looking beautiful since I decked it up with glazed cherries to cover the damage.I would want to bake this cake again...I dedicate this cake to my loving brother who is the best brother in the world.
Recipe adapted from :Easycooking
All purpose flour-1 cup
Baking powder-1 tsp
Instant coffee powder- 1 tsp
Cocoa powder-1 tbsp
Butter -60 gms
Brown sugar-1 cup
Cinnamon powder-1/4 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Grease a 6 cup bundt pan well,greasing every nook and corner and dusting with flour and tapping extra flour.
- Tap the extra flour if any.
- Preheat the oven at 180 d C.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and beat it until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and beat it further.
- Add milk and mix it well.
- Pour the batter in the greased pan.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool it for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Loosen the sides with a knife and unmould it carefully.
- Cut it into slices and serve it with chocolate sauce or glaze.