I have already posted one recipe of Methi pulao sometime back.This is the second version in the space shared by the same aunt of mine who shared the first recipe.This is a quick version of the methi pulao .Methi leaves means Fenugreek leaves which is rich in nutrients and very good for health.This is the best way to make the kids consume the greens in the form of pulao.
Recipe from my Aunt :Mrs Neetha Nayak Sujir
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Fenugreek leaves/ methi leaves-2 cups,chopped roughly
Green peas- 1/2 cup(I used frozen)
Cashewnuts-1/4 cup,broken into bits
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp or to taste
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp,chopped
Ghee or oil-2 tbsp approx
- Soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Wash the methi leaves well and chop it roughly.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker saute smashed garlic,cashewnuts and onion until translucent.
- Add methi leaves, and saute further until it shrinks.
- Add all the powders one by one,tomato,salt to taste,coriander leaves,frozen green peas and washed and drained rice.
- Take a boil,check salt and close the lid.
- Take exactly one whistle and off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid and mix it lightly.
- Serve it hot with raita.