I had bookmarked this recipe last year and prepared it today for kids evening snack.I was motivated to prepare this today as the theme in the foodgroup KAF is Egg or Anda.Egg is rich in protein and intake of egg in your daily diet is very good.Vegetarians may prepare this using onions,babycorn,mushroom,capsicum, paneer or even prepare mixed vegetable pakoda platter.I bet this dish will be a show stealer at any parties.
Recipe adapted from:Cookcurrynook
Hard boiled eggs-8
Oil- to deep fry
Ingredients for the batter:
Besan-1 cup(Gram flour)
Chilly powder-2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Cooking soda-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp chopped
Mint leaves-2 tbsp,chopped finely
Kasuri methi-2 tsp(Dried fenugreek leaves)
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Salt- to taste
Water-as much needed to bind the batter
Ingredients to garnish:
Chat masala -1 tsp
Onions-1 chopped finely
Coriander leaves-1 tsp,chopped finely
- Cool the hard boiled eggs and cut into 4 quarters and keep it ready.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under batter adding water little by little.
- Make a thick batter like that of idli,of pouring consistency.
- Heat oil,using two spoons,hold one piece of egg in one spoon, pour thick batter with the other spoon, and coat the egg uniformly.
- You may also work with your hands here.
- Drop it in hot oil with the help of the spoon one piece at a time, spreading 4-5 pieces in oil depending on the size of the wok.
- Don't overcrowd the wok.
- Fry until golden in colour.
- Toss the fried pakodas with chat masala.
- Garnish with the ingredients mentioned above and serve it hot with ketchup.