Beetroot curry is a healthy curry which goes well with chapathi and rice. Amma had prepared this curry last week and I not only got to taste it but also loved it.This is a very easy recipe and can be prepared as an accompaniment with the main course.This is usually served with the South Indian meals in the restaurants.
Beetroot- 1 cup,diced
Potato-1 peeled and diced into cubes
Tur dal-1/4 cup,cooked
Sambhar powder-2 tsp or to taste
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp,chopped
Salt- to taste
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Cook beetroot,potato,tomato and onion together until it is just cooked.
- Add cooked dal,salt to taste and sambhar powder to it.
- Season with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with chapathi or rice.
Labels: South Indian