After Spicy tukdi,Shevo, Salted Tukdi,Cornflakes Mixture and many other Namkeens, today it is sweet tukdi prepared on my sons demand.I often prepare sweet biscuit tukdi but today I thought of trying a new recipe.This morning I saw the post on Sharmis passions and I thought it was the right recipe to try as it seemed very easy and the measurement was very pleasing.And the tukdi's came very crisp and tasty.This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Recipe adapted from:Sharmis passions
Maida(All purpose flour)-1 cup
Sugar-1/4 cup(minus 2 tbsp)(Powdered)
Cardamom powder-1/8 tsp
Baking soda-1/8 tsp
Water-as much needed to knead the dough
Oil- to deep fry
- Take a mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients mentioned in the list except oil and water.
- Now add water little by little and knead it into a medium firm dough not too hard nor too soft.
- Close it with a lid and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Punch the dough once and make a ball double the size of the lemon or lemon sized balls.
- Roll it into thin chapati's using maida in between.
- Use a tukdi cutter/pizza cutter/knife and first cut it vertically.
- Then cut it horizontally into small diamond shape.
- Heat oil and slide the tukdis into the oil.
- Roast it until crisp and light brown in colour.
- Separate the tukdis in the oil carefully if it gets stuck.
- Transfer it in a kitchen tissue to drain off excess oil.
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container.