I never knew we could prepare pumpkin muddo/idli until few days back until recently I saw many members posting it in food groups.Two days back this particular recipe fell into my eyes when Jayashri Baleri posted it in a food group and I was tempted to try it to the earliest.Yesterday I tried it and it was liked by all our family members. Jayashri Baleri's recipes are always a superhit and eye catchy too.....You may also prepare muddo with Mangalore cucumber,cucumber etc by substituting pumpkin.This dish may be prepared as a breakfast or as a evening snack.Best relished with home made butter or ghee.
Fine suji(Bombay rawa)-1 cup
Jaggery powder-1 cup
Salt- to taste
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together by adding water.
- Make the batter thick not too dry nor thin.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes steam it in an idli stand or in turmeric leaves.
- To steam in turmeric leaves,wash the leaves well,wipe it with a clean cloth,remove the stalks.
- Pour the batter over top or bottom of the leaf keeping space in between to fold it into half.
- See that the batter doesn't come out.
- Arrange it in a steamer and steam it for 15 minutes like idli.
- You may prepare this on a plantain leaf too.
- The same recipe may be substituted with grated cucumber instead of grated pumpkin.
Labels: Breakfast, Idli