Festival of lights is nearing and to celebrate the occasion I prepared this peda to distribute to my loving one's.This is one of the easy peasy recipe to prepare.The peda's tasted gooey and simply wow.I have bookmarked many recipes to be tried and shared.
Well,dear readers I would also like to share that I met Masterchef Vikas Khanna at Kudpiraj maam's place and was honoured to spend ample time with him.I have already shared two pictures in my page.Vikas ji is one of the down to earth person I have ever met with absolutely no star attitude.I specially dedicate this post to Masterchef Vikas Khanna.Vikas ji has also complimented regarding my blog and he also liked the name of the blog.I'm truly humbled for his sweet words.This was a dream come true for me.Thanks a lot Kudpiraj Maam for making this happen...Stay tuned for more festival recipes.
Recipe adapted from :Jeyshri's Kitchen
Milk powder-1.5 cups
Ghee-3 tbsp+ 2-3 tsp to grease your palms
Saffron-1 pinch soaked in a tsp of milk
Milk masala powder-1 tsp to sprinkle(optional)(I used Everest)
- Mix milk powder and condensed milk and remove all the lumps.
- It should be like a thick batter.
- Keep it on low flame,add saffron milk,pinch of milk masala powder and keep on stirring until it forms a soft ball and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Please don't wait until the mixture turns too dry as the peda's might turn hard.
- Just switch off the flame once it leaves the sides of the pan.
- This will take about 7-8 minutes.
- Off the flame and transfer the mixture in a bowl and let it cool for sometime.
- Once it is warm,grease your palms with ghee and make pedas and arrange it on a plate.
- After sometime transfer it in a container and store it .